Our recordings are available via Google Nest devices and other Google services. You can listen to our recordings using:
To play our current edition on a Google Nest smart speaker or Google Home device, say:
OK Google, play the FATN Talking News Podcast
While you’re listening you can use these phrases to control playback:
OK Google, previous episode
OK Google, next episodeTo play a different area’s edition
OK Google, forwards two minutes
OK Google, back thirty secondsTo step forward or backwards in the recording by a set amount
OK Google, speak slower
OK Google, speak faster
OK Google, speak normal speedTo control the playback speed
Please refer to the Google Support page for more information.
You can also use these phrases with a Google Assistant-enabled device.
The simplest way to listen to our recordings in a web browser is as follows:
- Click on the “Listen on Google Podcasts” link (or the Badge at the top of this page) to go to our Google Podcasts page:
- In the list of available episodes, find the edition you’d like to listen to (e.g. “Alton Weekly News”) and click its “Play” button;
- Our recording will start playing. Use the controls at the bottom of the page to pause & re-start playback, step forward & backward, change the playback speed, or drag the cursor along the time-line.
- Optional: click on the “Subscribe” button to tell Google Podcasts to remember FATN Talking News for you.
Google Podcasts App
- Install the app and open it;
- In the Search-box type “FATN Talking News” as the search-term. The FATN Podcast will appear in the results page;
- Tap on either “FATN Talking News” or “More episodes” to see all our editions;
- Optional: tap the “Subscribe” button to tell Google Podcasts to remember FATN Talking News for you.
- Find the edition you want, and tap its “Play” button;
- The recording starts playing, and its name & logo appears at the bottom of the app screen. Tap on the edition’s name to bring up the edition’s playback controls.
NB: If you’ve signed in to Google, your Google Nest device, web browser and Google Podcasts app will all remember the podcast you’re currently playing and how much has been played.